The majority of the cars we accept for part exchange are under 15 years old and have less than 150,000 miles on the clock.
Your car must have at least two weeks of valid MOT left from the date of your car handover. This means that if your handover was on 1st August, your car's MOT needs to be valid until at least 14th August.
We only accept cars with a valid V5C that matches the number plates that are on the car you want to part exchange. You’ll need to make sure that your V5C is a red certificate and not a blue one.
If you have personalised plates that you’d like to keep, the car will need to have the original number plates attached and a matching valid V5C on the handover day.
We don’t buy cars that:
- haven’t got a valid MOT
- have major accident damage
- haven’t got tyres which are road legal
- have been categorised as insurance category A, B, S (formerly C) or N (formerly D)
- have been written off
- have been imported or exported
- have a mechanical or electrical fault
- haven’t been first registered in the UK
- have over 150,000 miles on the clock or have exceeded 25,000 miles per year
- are over 15 years old
- have been modified in any way*
*A modification is any cosmetic, mechanical, electrical or software-based change you make to a car that isn't part of the original manufacturer's specification.
Things to note:
You must be the registered keeper: We're unable to accept your car if you have been registered as the keeper for less than three months.
We don’t accept commercial vehicles: This includes ex rentals or cars that have previously been used as taxis.
We only accept cars: We’re unable to accept vans, motorbikes or trucks for part exchange.