The majority of the cars we buy are under 15 years old and have less than 150,000 miles on the clock.
We buy cars that have at least two weeks of valid MOT left from the date of your car handover. This means that if your handover is on 1 August, your car's MOT needs to be valid until at least 14 August.
We only buy cars with a valid V5C that matches the number plates that are on the car you want to sell. You’ll need to make sure that your V5C is a red certificate and not a blue one.
If you have personalised plates that you’d like to keep, the car will need to have the original number plates attached and a matching valid V5C on the handover day.
We don’t buy cars that:
- haven’t got a valid MOT
- have outstanding finance
- have major accident damage
- haven’t got tyres which are road legal
- have been categorised as insurance category A, B, S (formerly C) or N (formerly D)
- have been written off
- have been imported or exported
- have a mechanical or electrical fault
- haven’t been first registered in the UK
- have over 150,000 miles on the clock or have exceeded 25,000 miles per year
- are over 15 years old
- have outstanding finance on any part of the car (i.e. the battery in an electric car) (unless on part exchange)
- have been modified in any way*
*A modification is any cosmetic, mechanical, electrical or software based-change you make to a car that isn't part of the original manufacturer's specification.
Things to note:
You must be the registered keeper: We're unable to buy your car if you have been registered as the keeper for less than three months.
We don’t buy commercial vehicles: This includes ex rentals or cars that have previously been used as taxis.
We only buy cars: We’re unable to buy vans, motorbikes or trucks.