Our maintenance package is very comprehensive, but there are a few things that you’ll need to keep on top of.
You’re responsible for:
- Add fuel or electricity (if an electric car or plug-in hybrid)
- Add screenwash
- Add AdBlue (diesel cars only)
- Keep your tyres inflated to the correct pressure
- Keep an eye out for any dashboard warning lights or gauges that are showing abnormal levels, such as a temperature gauge in the red. If you spot any warnings, give us a call right away
You should always let us know if anything doesn’t seem right when driving your car or if something needs attention. If you return the car to us without reporting an issue, you may be liable for damage that has been caused, so please let us know as soon as you suspect anything unusual with the car.
We’ll be sure to reach out if your car is due a service, MOT or anything else.
You’ll also need to pay for any maintenance or repairs that are a result of negligence.
This includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Damage caused by driving style, including but not limited to, damage to the wheels, engine, brakes, clutch, suspension or tyres
- Maintenance or repair costs caused by ignoring warning lights or gauges that indicate an issue with your car
- Maintenance or repair costs caused by lost or missing items
- Any other maintenance or repairs caused by driver behaviour or general lack of care with your car
- Damage caused by using the incorrect fuel
Cazoo are responsible for:
You’re covered for all major mechanical and electrical servicing and maintenance, including but not limited to:
- Breakdown cover
- Servicing & MOTs
- Brake disc and pad replacements
- Battery issues
- Wiper blade replacements
- Lighting issues/bulbs
- Engine management light/engine faults
- Exhaust system issues
- Clutch issues
- Cambelt replacement
- Major mechanical faults
- Air conditioning faults
- Infotainment/sat nav faults
- Locking system faults
- Automatic window faults
- Convertible roof issues
- Fluids included in servicing, excluding Adblue and screenwash
- Replacement tyres
You’ll need to pay for any servicing or maintenance caused by negligent or careless behaviour.
A note on insurance
You’re also covered by our fully comprehensive insurance. If you subscribe after 20 May 2021 our insurance is included as standard, with an excess of £750. This means you’ll need to pay the first £750 of repairs from accident damage, except for non fault claims where the insurer has been able to recover the full costs.
Windscreen chips and cracks are also covered by your insurance policy, with an excess of £100 (although you may pay less for minor repairs). If you choose to not use the insurer’s approved windscreen and glass provider, the excess increases to £200.
If you originally subscribed with Drover, you may be covered by our insurance, or your insurance if you chose to self-insure. If you’re unsure what insurance cover you have, call us on 020 3901 3488.