Please make sure you're safe and that the car is secure.
Gather as much information as possible at the scene of the accident.
This should include:
- The name, contact number and address of the other driver, as well anyone else who’s involved
- Their registration and insurance details
- Names and contact details of any witnesses
- Any photos of the scene and the vehicles involved
- Video or photographs of the car’s involved
Call the police as soon as possible and let them know if anyone is injured. They’ll need to know if you or the person driving the car was unable to exchange details with other drivers.
Do not admit fault at the scene of the accident. Our insurers will want to investigate exactly what’s happened.